General Knowledge - Current Affairs, General Awareness Quiz - Questions and Answers, GK for UPSC, Bank PO & All Exams
Who among the following repealed the Vernacular Press Act ?
In which year, after independence, notes in denominations of Rs. 1,000, Rs. 5,000 and Rs. 10,000 were reintroduced in India?
Which among the following American company has acquired 63% stake in Patni Computer Systems for a $1.2 billion, offering 503.5 per share in January 2011?
If there is an increase in the external commercial borrowings in India. What will be the impact on the external debt of the country?
Either increase or decrease
After the Hindustan Republican Association was renamed as Hindustan Socialist Republic Association, a central committee was formed. Who among the following was from Bihar in this central Committee?
P N Ghosh
In context with ancient India, what did the word Agrahara referred to ?
A kind of tax from the cultivators
A kind of land gifted to Brahmins
A kind of trade guild
A type of a tribe
Consider the following statements: 1. Interest on money which the Government of India had lent in the past to the states, to the PSUs and to the Union Territories, and to the parties and Governments abroad is a Capital Receipt 2. The Interest paid by the Government of India on its bonds is Capital ExpenditureWhich among the above statements is/ are correct?
1 is correct
2 is correct
Both are correct
None of them is correct
As per an all India enumeration, that was undertaken during the financial year 2007-08, which among the following states has largest number of wild elephants in India ?
Consider the following statements: 1. Copernicium is at present highest-numbered element recognized by IUPAC2. Copernicum has been synthesized in the lab by a nuclear reaction of Zinc and Lead Isotopes Which among the above statements is / are correct?
Only 1 is correct
Only 2 is correct
Both 1 & 2 are correct
Neither 1 nor 2 are correct
Which of the following Viceroys of India used to write poems with the Pen name of "Owen Meredith"?
1. General Knowledge 2011 - 22
2. General Knowledge 2011 - 21
3. General Knowledge 2011 - 20
4. General Knowledge 2011 - 19
5. General Knowledge 2011 - 18
6. General Knowledge 2011 - 17
7. General Knowledge 2011 - 16
8. General Knowledge 2011 - 15
9. General Knowledge 2011 - 14
10. General Knowledge 2011 - 13
11. General Knowledge 2011 - 12
12. General Knowledge 2011 - 11
13. General Knowledge 2011 - 10
14. General Knowledge 2011 - 09
15. General Knowledge 2011 - 08
16. General Knowledge 2011 - 07
17. General Knowledge 2011 - 06
18. General Knowledge 2011 - 05
19. General Knowledge 2011 - 04
20. General Knowledge 2011 - 03
21. General Knowledge 2011 - 02
22. General Knowledge 2011 - 01
23. GK 2010 - 58
24. GK 2010 - 57
25. GK 2010 - 56
26. GK 2010 - 55
27. GK 2010 - 54
28. GK 2010 - 53
29. GK 2010 - 52
30. GK 2010 - 51
Powerful Militaries In The World
Most Useless Inventions Ever
Habits That Will Make You Successful Early In Life
Celebrities Who Had Unbelievable Jobs
Modern Christmas Decor Ideas
The Beautiful World Heritage Sites
GREAT BARRIER REEF AUSTRALIA
Featuring 400 types of coral 4000 types of mollusk and 1500 species of fish the Great Barrier Reef is the largest reef system on earth. It was made a World Heritage Site in 1981 and is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Australia.