General Knowledge - Current Affairs, General Awareness Quiz - Questions and Answers, GK for UPSC, Bank PO & All Exams
The Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act mandates at least what fraction of the beneficiaries to be women?
Madhav Gadgil Panel or The Western Ghats Ecology Expert Panel (WGEEP) had, in May 2011 had suggested listing of which among the following regions in the State as Ecologically Significant Area (ESA)?
Both 1 & 2
What is the maximum number of votes which can be cast in Electronic Voting Machine?
Which among the following minerals is also known as Horn Silver?
Inukurthi Venkateshwara Rao has received the Dronacharya Award 2011 for which among the following sports?
Four Metals viz. Gold (Au), Platinum (Pt), Rhodium (Rh) and Iridium (Ir) are not attacked by the Nitric Acid (HNO3) or Hydrochloric Acid (HCl), and thus are know as Noble metals. But the alchemists of the 14th century had discovered that if the mixed HNO3 and HCL in the ratio of 1:3 (Aqua regia), it would attack gold other noble metals and dissolve them. Presence of which among the following ions in chemical reaction makes Aqua Regia such a powerful mixture?
Recently, Gor Kattri complex was making news as it was reopened after 60 years following a Court order. It is famous for its display of Gautam Buddha's begging bowl. In which country is located the Gor Kattri complex?
Prior to Census 2011, in which among the following , highest Sex Ratio was recorded in India?
Consider the following comparisons of Diesel with Gasoline:
1.In comparison to Gasoline, Diesel offers low volumetric energy density
2.In comparison to Gasoline, Diesel is cheap all over the world
3.In comparison to Gasoline, CO2 emissions from diesel are higher
Choose the correct statements:
None of them
1 & 2
1, 2 & 3
Which among the following Indian / India-born Economist has been a member of Copenhagen Consensus?
1. General Knowledge 2013 - 05
2. General Knowledge 2013 - 04
3. General Knowledge 2013 - 03
4. General Knowledge 2013 - 02
5. General Knowledge 2013 - 01
6. General Knowledge 2012 - 20
7. General Knowledge 2012 - 19
8. General Knowledge 2012 - 18
9. General Knowledge 2012 - 17
10. General Knowledge 2012 - 16
11. General Knowledge 2012 - 15
12. General Knowledge 2012 - 14
13. General Knowledge 2012 - 13
14. General Knowledge 2012 - 12
15. General Knowledge 2012 - 11
16. General Knowledge 2012 - 10
17. General Knowledge 2012 - 09
18. General Knowledge 2012 - 08
19. General Knowledge 2012 - 07
20. General Knowledge 2012 - 06
21. General Knowledge 2012 - 05
22. General Knowledge 2012 - 04
23. General Knowledge 2012 - 03
24. General Knowledge 2012 - 02
25. General Knowledge 2012 - 01
26. GK Bank - 01
27. Physical Geography
28. Indian Polity & Governance in Constitution - 02
29. Indian Polity & Governance in Constitution - 01
30. Modern History - 02
The Summer Vacation Tips
Beautiful Steps on Earth
GK Famous Personalities
Benefits of Custard Apple
Greatest Oscar Moments
Romantic Valentines Date Ideas
How to Play Soccer For Beginners
Know the grounds for a yellow card
A referee issues a yellow card as a warning to a player. Two yellow cards result in a red card, after which that player must leave the game permanently. Reasons for yellow cards include:
Dangerous play. High kicking near a player?s head, for example.
Illegal obstruction. This happens when a player intentionally takes a position between and an opponent when that player isn t within playing distance of the ball.
Charging the goalkeeper in the goal area.
Goalkeeper playing the ball with his hands when the ball is kicked by a teammate.
Goalkeeper Infringements. Unsafe play such as charging the goalie.
Goalkeeper taking more than four steps while controlling the ball.
Intentionally wasting time at the end of a game.