Precautions while using CNG
1. CNG safety signage should be visible at all
applicable locations as stipulated by federal,
state and municipal law.
2. Natural gas rated fire extinguishers should be
accessible and visible throughout all servicing
and fueling areas. Be sure that fire extinguishers
are charged and up to date.
3. In case of emergency, self contained
breathing apparatus should be on site in an
easily accessible area.
4. Areas designated for CNG fueling systems
must have adequate lighting that complies with
NFPA and other applicable codes.
5. Protective footwear and eyewear should be
worn by all personnel in close proximity to a
6. Search for leaks using only certified leak
detecting solutions and equipment such as
Swagelok Snoop?. Any other product or
solutions are unacceptable.
7. Use tools that are in good working order with
8. Wear appropriate attire while servicing or
maintaining any CNG system.