Chemistry (Civil Service Examination), Questions and Answers, GK for UPSC, Bank PO & All Exams
The characteristic odour of garlic is due to 
a chloro compound
a sulphur compound
a fluorine compound
The offending substance in the liquor fagedies leading to blindness etc. is 
Assertion (A): The main constituent of the liquified petroleum gas is methane.
Reason (R): Methane can be used directly for burning in homes and factories where it can be supplied through pipelines. 
Both A and R are true and R is the correct explanation of A
Both A and R are true but R is not the correct explanation of A
A is true but R is false
A is false but R is true
What is Bisphenol A (BPA)? 
A medical test for detecting cancer
A test for testing the use of drugs to improve performance by athletes
A chemical used for the development of food packaging materials
A special type of alloy steel
Consider the following statements: 
1. Liquified natural gas (LNG) is liquified under extremely cold temperatures and high pressure to facilitate storage or transportation in specially designed vessels.
2. First LNG terminal in India was built in Hassan.
3. Natural gas liquids (NGL) are separated from LPG and these include ethane, propane, butane and natural gasoline.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
1 and 3
2 and 3
1, 2 and 3
Which one of the following polymers is widely used for making bullet proof material? [I995]
Consider the following chemicals: 
2. Carbon tetrachloride
3. Sodium carbonate
Which of the above are used as dry cleaning chemical?
1,2 and 4 only
1,2,3 and 4
The water pollution in river is measured by the dissolved amount of 
Which one of the following is also called Stranger Gas? 
Which one of the following is another name of RDX?
1. World Geography -Test-01
2. World Geography -Test-02
3. World Geography -Test-03
4. Geography of India -Test-01
5. Geography of India -Test-02
6. Geography of India -Test-03
7. Geography of India -Test-04
8. Geography of India -Test-05
9. History of India - Test - 01
10. History of India - Test - 02
11. History of India - Test - 03
12. History of India - Test - 04
13. History of India - Test - 05
14. History of India - Test - 06
15. History of India - Test - 07
Class 8 - Synthetic Fibres and Plastics
Class 9 - Basic Arithmetic
Best Bodyweight Exercises for a Strong Core
Get ready for GK Quiz Game
Biggest Male Models of All Time