General Knowledge - Current Affairs, General Awareness Quiz - Questions and Answers, GK for UPSC, Bank PO & All Exams
"All powers of Government and all authority-legislative, executive and judicial are derived from the people and the same shall be exercised in the commonwealth of India through the organizations, established by or under and in accord with, this constitution".
The above para has been taken from which among the following (which has been characterized by some scholars as "Constitution of Commonwealth of India") ?
Government of India Act 1935
Resolution by Swaraj Party in 1924
Which among the following observance was established by the United Nations General Assembly in 1972 at the Stockholm Conference?
World Water Day
World Wetlands Day
World Environment Day
Microbial fuel cells are considered a source of sustainable energy. Why ?
1. They use living organisms as catalysts to generate electricity from certain substrates.
2. They use a variety of inorganic materials as substrates.
3. They can be installed in waste water treatment plants to cleanse water and produce electricity.
Which of the following statements given above is/ are correct ?
2 and 3 only.
1 and 3 only.
Consider the following statements: 1. Wheat is the Gift of the Old world to the New World 2. Maize is the Gift of the New World to the Old World Which among the above statements is / are correct ?
Both 1 & 2
Neither 1 nor 2
Who among the following is the new Finance Secretary of India?
None of them
Though the Mahatma Gandhi NREGA provides a legal guarantee for at least 100 days of wage employment to every rural household in every financial year, yet the average number of days of employment provided per household was 42 days during 2007-08; 48 days during 2008-09 and 54 days during 2009-10. What could be the most probable reason for this ?
Because, the wages provided in MGNREGA is lower the prevalent wages in almost all parts of the country and workers themselves don't need 100 days employment
Because, in some states MGNREGA provided 100 days employment while in other states, the state Governments did not implement the programme, so average comes near half of the 100 day period.
Because, the employment in MGNREGA is demand based & the employment is provided on demand.
The legal guarantee under the act is still not effective in the country
Which among the following plant has been prohibited from cultivation and planting in India via the Willd Life protection Act?
Killer weed (Parthenium hysterophorus)
Dragon Plant (Dracaena draca)
Belladona (Atropta Belladona )
Ladies slipper orchids (Paphiopedilum spp. )
Which among the following state has highest number of Export Oriented Units in India?
Consider the following statements:
1. Oil-for-Food Programme was introduced by United Nations for allowing Iraq to sell oil on the world market in exchange for food, medicine, and other humanitarian needs.
2. Oil-for-Food Programme worked on an escrow system
Which among the above statements is/ are correct?
Only 1 is correct
Only 2 is correct
Both 1 & 2 are correct
Neither 1 nor 2 is correct
Oldest recorded Indian Music dates back to 1902, when India's first disc had been recorded one of the following singers singing a khayal in Raag Jogiya. Identify the singer:
Abdul Wahid Khan
Abdul Karim Khan
1. World Geography -Test-01
2. World Geography -Test-02
3. World Geography -Test-03
4. Geography of India -Test-01
5. Geography of India -Test-02
6. Geography of India -Test-03
7. Geography of India -Test-04
8. Geography of India -Test-05
9. History of India - Test - 01
10. History of India - Test - 02
11. History of India - Test - 03
12. History of India - Test - 04
13. History of India - Test - 05
14. History of India - Test - 06
15. History of India - Test - 07
Android Interview Q&A
Male And Female Celebrities That Look Terrifyingly Similar
GK Basic General Knowledge
Precautions while using Securing Email