1. The team captain participates in the coin toss and assigns players to their position on the court.
2. The team captain may designate a player as an end captain for the end opposite that of the captain.
3.Only the team captain or an end captain may go on the court for measurements. A captain may observe and call for measurements to determine the official score for a frame.
4. A captain may approach on the sideline outside the court and observe the positions of balls in play. A captain after observing the balls, must return behind the pointing foul line and may only use hand signals to instruct partners at opposite end of court.
5. Only the captain or a designated player from each team (a total of two players) shall return balls for the next frame after points have been determined.
6. The team captain is responsible for assuring that the teams points are posted correctly and for reporting final game scores to the record keeper.