General Knowledge - General Awareness Quiz - Questions and Answers, GK 2010
What is Amfis related to in India?
Marketing & Finance
What fraction of women forces will be recruited in the Global Police Force which was recently (in year 2010) conceptualized by Interpol & United Nations?
The State of the Forest Report 2009 was recently released. What has been the growth of India's Forest cover during the period 2005-07 ?
Consider the following statements:
1.Introduction of leguminous crops in the cropping system leads to sustain good soil health & higher crop productivity
2. Introduction of leguminous crops in the crop cycle can reduce the use of costly chemical fertilizers because of their property of Nitrogen Fixation
3. Availability of ample Nitrogen will enhance the nitrogen fixation capability of legume crops
Bring out the correct statements:
1 only is correct
1 & 2 are correct
1 & 3 are correct
all are correct
none is correct
The motive behind Alauddin Khilji's Chittor Campaign was :
1. To capture Padmini
2. To make a stronghold for further campaigns to Gujarat
3. To make it a capital for his son
Which among the above hold most correct ?
1 & 2 only
1 & 3 only
all of them
In which of the following infrastructure development projects in India involves maximum PPP (Public private Partnership)?
Which among the following is the correct definition of Tidal Flat?
The sands uncovered by the low tides
A Tidal phenomenon in which the leading edge of the incoming tide forms a wave (or waves) of water that travel up a river or narrow bay against the direction of the river or bay's current.
Area of the sea shore or shore of water body which is exposed to air at low tides and water at high tides
Difference between the height of water at low and high tides
Robin Hood effect is related to which of the following?
Income and consumption
Taxation in United States
Which of the present ministry of Government of India was formerly Ministry of Welfare ?
Ministry of Health & Family Welfare
Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
Ministry of Law and Justice
Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution
Ministry of Labor and Employment
As per a recent statement by Deputy Chairman of the Planning Commission Montek Singh Ahluwalia, the investment in infrastructure will come close to $500 billion in the five years to 2012.Which among the following sector will contribute most to reaching the $500 billion target laid out in the 11th five-year plan?
1. World Geography -Test-01
2. World Geography -Test-02
3. World Geography -Test-03
4. Geography of India -Test-01
5. Geography of India -Test-02
6. Geography of India -Test-03
7. Geography of India -Test-04
8. Geography of India -Test-05
9. History of India - Test - 01
10. History of India - Test - 02
11. History of India - Test - 03
12. History of India - Test - 04
13. History of India - Test - 05
14. History of India - Test - 06
15. History of India - Test - 07
Benefits of Yams
Rules For Play Xmas Games
Reasons You Should Brush Your Teeth
Worst Movies Ever
Festivals of India
The Crocodile and Monkey
The Crocodile and Monkey Step 16
At once, the clever Monkey climbed on to the tree and escaped.