General Knowledge - General Awareness Quiz - Questions and Answers, GK 2010
In context with the wheat grains procured and further released by the FCI (Food Corporation of India) in the market, which among the following had been suggested by the Economic Survey 2009-10?
The grain should be released in small batches to a large number of traders at prices significantly below the market price , but sufficiently above the procurement price.
The grain should be released in large batches to a small number of traders at prices significantly below the market price, but sufficiently above the procurement price.
The grain should be released in small batches to a large number of traders at prices significantly above the market price, but sufficiently below the procurement price.
The grain should be released in large batches to a small number of traders at prices significantly above the market price, but sufficiently below the procurement price.
The grain should be stocked by the FCI in Open Go downs.
At which of the following place in India is coming up a National Maritime Complex to showcase various facets of Indian Maritime Industry?
Bhagwati sutra is related to which of the following religions?
None of them
To facilitate synergy between research and higher education in science, at which of the following places National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER) was started in 2007?
Peggy Annette Whitson , an American biochemistry researcher and a NASA astronaut is known as the first female commander of the International Space Station. In which mission she was commander of the International Space Station ?
"Normal" rainfall is slightly acidic (and a pH of 5.6 has been assigned which might be somewhere near 5 ) because of the presence of _______?
None of them
Consider the following:
1. Cooperative Banks
2. Scheduled Cooperative Banks
3. Scheduled Commercial Banks
Which among the above are allowed to invest in Private Bonds in India ?
only 2 & 3
All of them
Only 1 & 2
Recently (in year 2010) we have seen that prices of the food products particularly sugar, vegetables and pulses has increased more than double in last one year. Among the pulses, India has a sufficient stock of which of the following to sustain enhancement of consumption and Govt. has instructed the agencies like NAFED and NCCF to encourage the consumption?
Which among the following is not a Euro zone country ?
Consider the following:
1. She is the first person of Indian origin to be canonized as a saint by the Catholic Church
2. A commemorative coin was issued by the Government of India in her memory in 2009. 3. She is only the second Indian to be elevated to sainthood after the 16th century martyr, Gonsalo Garcia, who was canonized in 1862
Who among the following fits in the above three criteria?
1. World Geography -Test-01
2. World Geography -Test-02
3. World Geography -Test-03
4. Geography of India -Test-01
5. Geography of India -Test-02
6. Geography of India -Test-03
7. Geography of India -Test-04
8. Geography of India -Test-05
9. History of India - Test - 01
10. History of India - Test - 02
11. History of India - Test - 03
12. History of India - Test - 04
13. History of India - Test - 05
14. History of India - Test - 06
15. History of India - Test - 07
Tips to succeed in GATE Exam
Benefits of Cucumber
Worlds Biggest Islands
Incredible People With Real Superpowers
Best Names at the Sochi Olympics
Forever Young Naturally Lifestyle
Lifting mood Write a letter
If a death has brought about unresolved issues or regrets, write a letter or an email to the deceased. If it helps, put it in the mailbox or send it into cyberspace.