Indian Polity & Governance in Constitution (Civil Service Examination), Questions and Answers, GK for UPSC, Bank PO & All Exams
Consider the following statement: 
India continues to be dependent on imports to meet the requirement of oilseeds in the country because:
1. farmers prefer to grow food grains with highly remunerative support prices
2. most of the cultivation of oilseed crops continues to be dependent on rainfall
3. oils from the seeds of free origin and rice bran have remained unexploited
4. It is far cheaper to import oilseeds than to cultivate the oilseed crops
Which of the statements given above are correct?
1 and 2
1,2 and 3
(b) 2 and 3
In the Indian Constitution, the Right to equality is granted by five Articles. They are: 
Article 16 to Article 20
Article 15 to Article 19
Article 14 to Article 18
Article 13 to Article 17
Prohibition of discrimination on grounds of religion etc. (Article 15 of the Constitution of India) is a Fundamental Rights classifiable under: 
the Right to Freedom of Religion
the Right against Exploitation
the Cultural and Educational Rights
the Right to Equality
Assertion (A): In India, every State has a High Court in its territory.
Reason (R): The Constitution of India provides a High Court in each State. 
Both 'A'and 'R'are individually true and 'R'is the correct explanation of'A.
Both'A'and -R'are individually true but'R'is not the correct explanation of 'A'.
'A'is true but 'R'is false.
'A'is false but 'R'is true.
With reference to Lok Adalats, consider the following statements: 
1. An award made by a Lok Adalat is deemed to be a decree of a civil court and no appeal lies against there to before any court.
2. Matrimonial/Family disputes are not covered under Lok Adalat.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
Both 1 and2
Neither 1 nor2
The salaries and allowances of the Judges of the High Court are charged to the: 
Consolidated Fund of India
Consolidated Fund of the State
Contingency Fund of India
Contingency Fund of the State
The power of the Supreme Court of India to decide disputes between the Centre and the State falls under its: 
A British citizen staying in India cannot claim right to:
Freedom of trade and profession 
Equality before the Law
Protection of life and personal liberty
Freedom of religion
According to the Constitution of India the term 'district judge'shall not include: 
chief presidency magistrate
chief judge of a small cause court
In the context-of India's Five Year Plans, a shift in the pattern of industrialization, with lower emphasis on heavy industries and more on infrastructure begins in 
1. World Geography -Test-01
2. World Geography -Test-02
3. World Geography -Test-03
4. Geography of India -Test-01
5. Geography of India -Test-02
6. Geography of India -Test-03
7. Geography of India -Test-04
8. Geography of India -Test-05
9. History of India - Test - 01
10. History of India - Test - 02
11. History of India - Test - 03
12. History of India - Test - 04
13. History of India - Test - 05
14. History of India - Test - 06
15. History of India - Test - 07
Valentines Day Chocolates Ideas
Benefits of Mustard Seeds
Tips to get ready for Host a party
Stunning Mehndi Designs
Cricket World Cup Winners - Quiz
Weird Hotels around the World
Kakslauttanen Igloo Village
A magnificent winter wonderland with bold colors and luxurious accommodations.