Located in the heart of Delhi, Gurudwara Bangla Sahib is one of the imminent landmarks of the capital city. Built between the 17th and the 18th century (In the 17th century it was a bungalow and in the 18th century new construction was done, this Gurudwara was built to commemorate the stay of eighth Sikh Guru Har Krishan here. As mentioned earlier, this sacred edifice was once a bungalow that was owned by Maharaja Jai Singh. Legend has it that Guru Har Krishan stayed here in 1664, when Delhi was under the influence of chicken pox and cholera epidemic. Guru Har Krishan helped the people by giving them clean water from the nearby well. Unfortunately, Guru Har Krishan contracted the illness and died here. In order to pay homage to Guru Har Krishan, Maharaja Jai Singh built a tank over the well, which is believed to have healing property. Today, Gurudwara Bangla Sahib is one of the most visited Gurudwaras in Delhi.