Precautions while using Oxygen Therapy
Avoiding electrical shock
When using an oxygen concentrator, plug the power cord into a grounded electrical outlet. A grounded outlet has three holes, and can take a three pronged plug. Never alter a plug or use an adapter that allows you to plug a three pronged plug into a two hole outlet. This can ruin your electrical equipment, cause an electrical shock, and even cause a fire. Do not plug in your oxygen concentrator if the cord looks damaged. Call your oxygen supply company. Do not use an extension cord to plug in your oxygen concentrator. Do not plug the concentrator into an outlet that has other appliances plugged into it. Overloading an electrical outlet can cause a fire. Unplug the concentrator before cleaning the unit or the filter. Make sure your hands are dry before you plug the concentrator back in.Make sure your oxygen supply company services and inspects your oxygen concentrator regularly. It should be serviced every 9,000 hours of use.