Constipation for small children
1. Soak 6-8 raisins (kishmish) in hot water (depending on the age). When cool, crush well and strain. When given routinely even to little infants, it helps to regulate bowel movement (however care should be taken - so as not to give too much otherwise the child will get loose motions.)
2. Consumption of 6-8 apricots (khurmani) a day or 2-3 cucumbers (kheera) a day or 1-2 bananas a day is also very useful.
3. Bulk forming vegetables like carrots, radish, spinach, cabbage or roughage creating things should be consumed. Instead of juice always opt for eating the fruit.
4. Whole wheat flour should be used and processed foods (maida, cheese, confectionery) should be avoided.
5. Taking 2-3 teaspoon of isabgol in milk or warm water either first thing in the morning or at bed time is very beneficial.
6. Mix ˝ teaspoon honey to ˝ - 1 cup warm water and have it 2-3 times a day.