house, Divine abode, home, Abraham's bosom, abode of the saints, heavenly kingdom, kingdom of God, kingdom of heaven, city of God, city of light, heavenly city, holy city, celestial city, New Jerusalem, Zion, throne of God; Valhalla, Olympus, Elysium, Elysian Fields, empyrean, Islam, the Seven Heavens, Avalon, the Islands or Isles of the Blessed, the Fortunate Isles or Islands, the Happy Isles; happy hunting grounds, great hangar in the sky.
2. ecstasy, transport, pleasure, supreme happiness, perfect content, Buddhism. Nirvana, seventh heaven; Shangri-la, utopia, Eden, heaven on earth, millennium, Jubile, kingdom come, Beulah Land; glory, rapture, delight, fairyland, dreamland, happy valley, pie in the sky.
heavens sky, firmament, aerosphere, ether; canopy of heaven, vault of heaven, celestial sphere, the blue, Inf. wild blue yonder.
heavenly, adj. 1. cosmic, extraterrestrial, empyrean, unearthly, unworldly, extramundane, not of this world, superphysical, hyperphysical, spiritual; empyreal, empyrean, paradisiacal, divine, celestial, elysiac, Olympic, Elysian; holy, glorified, blessed, beatific, beatified, divine, good; cherubic, angelic, seraphic, archangelic, saintly, sainted.
2. blissful, delightful, pleasurable, ambrosial, delectable, gratifying, entrancing, enrapturing; beautiful, dazzling, bright, radiant, shining, brilliant, superb, exquisite, sublime, golden, glorious; unblemished, flawless, unsullied, pure, unalloyed, matchless, perfect, faultless; fadeless, never-fading, imperishable, immortal, deathless; utopian, Edenic, ideal, consummate,
heaviness, n. 1. heft, heftiness, weight, weightiness, ponderousness, gravity; size, volume, mass, substance, bulk, bulkiness, largeness, bigness, amplitude.
2. turbulence, tempestuousness, storminess, wildness, roughness.
3. graveness, seriousness, criticalness, crucialness, importance.
4. deepness, profoundness, esotericalness, abstruseness; impenetrableness, incomprehensibleness, unfathomableness.
5. burdensomeness, onerousness, oppressiveness, hardness, harshness, severity.
6. depression, dejection, melancholy, gloominess, gloom.
7. dullness, boringness, tediousness, dryness, Sl. deadness; blandness, insipidness, flatness, vapidness; monotonousness, uneventfulness, humdrum.
8. soberness, somberness, staidness, sedateness, solemnity, grimness.
heavy, adj. 1. hefty, weighty, bulky, substantial, dense, ample; big, large, huge, gigantic, titanic, enormous, massive, ponderous, prodigious, mammoth, mighty, colossal, immense; unwieldy, cumbrous, cumbersome, awkward, unmanageable.
2. turbulent, tempestuous, stormy, squally; raging, howling, roaring, wailing, thundering; violent, savage, wild, rough.
3. fat, overweight, obese; stout, portly, corpulent, Scot. fodgel; chubby, tubby, pudgy, plump; paunchy, pot-bellied, big-bellied, great-bellied, Sl. beer-bellied, Obs. gorbellied.
4. grave, serious, crucial, critical, climacteric, acute; important, all-important, essential, of the essence, vital, heartbeat, Inf. gut.
5. deep, profound, esoteric, recondite, abstruse, Sl. heavy-duty; impenetrable, incomprehensible, past or beyond comprehension, unfathomable.
6. intense, extreme, keen, sharp, poignant; piercing, penetrating, cutting, biting, stinging; indelible, deeply-felt, heartfelt, Archaic, homefelt; overpowering, overwhelming, overcoming, overmastering.