attire, apparel, habit; robe, gown, drape,
furniture, n. 1. home or house furnishings, house fittings, household goods; movables, movable articles; bric-a-brac; belongings, effects, chattels, SI. stuff.
2. equipment, apparatus, gear, paraphernalia, accouterments, appurtenances, appointments, furnishings; fixtures, fittings, habiliments, Inf. things; tools, contrivances, machinery; implements, appliances, utensils, conveniences; outfit, out-fittings, turnout, rig; supplies, material, wherewithal; caparison, trappings, tack, tackle, harness, rigging; All Mil. arms, armaments, munitions, materiel,
furor, n. 1. outburst, temper, tantrum, fit, convulsion, paroxysm; passion, flush, lust, intensity; transport, ecstasy, raptus, rapture; zeal, fervor, fervency, ardor, fire; verve, gusto, enthusiasm, abandon, dan.
2. mania, craze, rage, obsession, fad, SI. bug; latest thing, latest word, Fr. dernier cri, SI. the thing, SI. the go.
3. fury, rage, madness, frenzy, fever; insanity, lunacy, raving, hysteria, delirium.
4. commotion, tumult, rush, turbulence, turmoil, tempest; hurly-burly, brouhaha, hubbub, ado, to-do.
furrow, n. 1. groove, rut, trench, ditch, fosse; hollow, cut, track; channel, dike, gutter, trough, canal; sulcation, flute, rib, ridge; line, seam, pucker, fold; score, scratch, gash, streak.
2. wrinkle, crow's-foot, crease, contraction, rimple, rumple, crinkle.
-v. 3. plow, harrow, turn up, entrench; rib, ridge, flute, corrugate; groove, channel, cut, hollow; grave, engrave, incise, chisel, etch, carve.
4. wrinkle, crinkle, rumple, rimple; crease, crumple, pucker, knit.
furrowed, adj. 1. plowed, harrowed, grooved; fluted, ribbed, striated, corrugated; sulcate, channeled, rutted, vermiculate; caniculate, canaliculate, bisul-cous, trisulcate.
2. wrinkled, creased, rumpled, rimpled, crinkled, knitted.
further, adv. 1. farther, at a greater distance, yonder, at a far remove, farther off or away, far off; afar, abroad, away, far and away, beyond range, over the hills and far away, out of range.
2. to a greater extent, to a greater degree, more, any more, longer, any longer.
3. moreover, in addition, additionally, besides, what's more; furthermore, also, too, likewise, and so, to boot, withal; then, again, then again, at the same time, by the same token, yet; on top of, over and above, beyond, Fr. au reste, Fr. en plus; together with, along with, in conjunction with, conjointly, as well as. -adj. 4. farther, more remote, remoter, more distant; yonder, yon, thither, ulterior.
5. more extended, longer, more protracted, going beyond, to a greater length.
6. additional, more, extra, supplementary, supplemental; new, afresh, another, other; auxiliary, spare, accessory.
-v. 7. promote, advance, forward, contribute to; foment, nourish, urge, push; aid, assist, abet, help lend a hand; back, support, second, patronize; favor, smile on, oblige, countenance,
furtherance, n. promotion, elevation, preferment; boosting, boost, lifting, lift, uplift; advancement, aggrandizement, augmentation; support, patronage, help, backing; aid, assistance, succor, hand; advocacy, championship, defense; favor, interest, countenance,
furthermore, adv. moreover, in addition, besides. See - further (def. 3).
furthest, adj. 1. remotest, farthest, furthermost, most distant; outmost, ultimate, uttermost, extreme.