unjustifiable, adj. 1. unwarrantable, indefensible, untenable; inexcusable, unforgivable, unpardonable, irremissible, inexpiable; impeachable, condemnable, 2. groundless, ungrounded, unfounded, unsupported, baseless, unbased, without basis, idle, vain; unattested, unevidenced, unproven, unsubstantiated, uncorroborated, unauthorized, unestablished; unsubstantial, tenuous, weak, flimsy; unsound, invalid, fallacious, faulty, erroneous, wrong, incorrect; illogical, unlogical, senseless, irrational; unreasonable, excessive, immoderate, exorbitant, extravagant, outrageous, preposterous, absurd, ridiculous.
unkempt, adj. 1. disheveled, messy, messed up, mussed or mussed up, rumpled, tousled, blowzy, uncombed, windblown, every which way; untidy, shaggy, disordered, disarranged, disarrayed; ungroomed, sloppy, slovenly, frowzy, slatternly, sluttish, dirty, unclean, draggletailed, scruffy, shabby.
2. rough, coarse, unpolished, unsophisticated, rustic, backwoods, Inf. hick, ungainly, uncouth, rude, boorish, crude; crass, gross, insensitive, inconsiderate, thoughtless, tactless, gauche.
unkind, adj. 1. unbenign, unbenignant, kindless, unkindly, unchristianly, unchristianlike, unchristian; inconsiderate, unthoughtful, insensitive; uncharitable, inhospitable, unamiable, unfriendly; nasty, mean, mean-spirited, cruel; spiteful, malignant, malicious, malevolent, maleficent; sinister, fiendish, diabolical, hellish, infernal.
2. severe, harsh, unmerciful, merciless, pitiless, ruthless, uncompassionate, unsympathetic, unpitying, unforgiving; unlenient, unsparing, relentless, unrelenting, unyielding, not giving an inch, rigid, inflexible, unflexible, nonflexible, unbending; stern, austere, grim; callous, hard, hardened, hard-hearted, heartless, stonyhearted, flinty, cold, cold-blooded; remorseless, unfeeling, uncaring, unconcerned, unresponsive, indifferent.
unknown, adj. 1. unfamiliar, strange, foreign, alien, peregrine; new, novel, never experienced before, virgin.
2. unexplored, untracked, untraversed, untraveled; uninvestigated, unstudied, unresearched, untraced; unheard-of, undiscovered, unnoticed, unseen; unfamous, unrenowned, renownless, unillustrious, undistinguished, uneminent; anonymous, anonymal, nameless, innominate.
3. unrevealed, undisclosed, untold, withheld, to be announced; secret, hidden, concealed, hermetic, her-metical; obscure, dark, occult, esoteric; mysterious, arcane, cryptic, puzzling, inscrutable, insolvable, insoluble, enigmatic, enigmatical.
4. unascertained, undetermined, unmeasured, uncounted, uncalculated, indeterminate, unestablished, unfixed, undefined, unset, unsettled, undecided, up in the air; unidentified, x, unnamed, unlabeled, undesignated, uncategorized, neither fish nor fowl.
-n. 5. virgin soil, unexplored territory or ground, Latin, terra incognita; unknown factor or quantity, x; secret, arcanum, closed or sealed book; enigma, mystery, question, question mark, puzzle, riddle, conundrum; unknowable, deep or profound secret, mystery or mysteries, unsolved mystery or puzzle, sphinx.
unlamented, adj. unmourned, ungrieved, unbemoaned, unbewailed, unwept; unregretted, undeplored; unmissed, unbeloved, unloved.
unlawful, adj. 1. illegal, illicit, unconstitutional, against the law, Sl. illegit; criminal, felonious, larcenous; contraband, black-market, under-the-counter, under-the-table; unlicensed, uncertified, unaccredited, unrecognized; unwarranted, unauthorized, unapproved, unsanctioned, uncountenanced, unofficial, wildcat; outlawed, prohibited, banned, proscribed, forbidden, interdicted, Fr. defendu, Ger. verboten.