4. revelation, communication, suggestion, explanation; divulging, divulgence, impartation, impartment, disclosure; illumination, enlightenment, awareness, dis-abusal, insightfulness; instruction, teaching, indoctrination, indoctrinization, education, guide.
5. inhalation, breathing, respiration, Pathol, eupnea; indraft, sniffle, snuffle, Sl. snort, Brit. Sl. toot.
inspire, v. 1. animate, invigorate, energize, vivify, vitalize, exhilarate; reanimate, revive, revivify, revitalize, rejuvenate; awaken, waken, stir, rally, rouse, arouse; stimulate, inspirit, quicken, whet; excite, thrill, enthuse, exalt.
2. produce, bring on or about, cause, effect; influence, affect, impress, act on; change, alter, transform, modify.
3. hearten, enhearten, take heart, cheer or cheer up; brighten, warm, give a lift to, uplift, encourage; Inf. pep up, perk up, buoy up, give a shot in the arm, boost one's spirits; assure, reassure, confirm, comfort, solace; improve, ameliorate, meliorate; aid, assist, support, sustain; strengthen, buttress, brace, reinforce; embolden, nerve, fortify; build up, nourish, restore.
4. reveal, communicate, suggest, enlighten, make aware, disabuse; give insight to, open the eyes of, shed or cast light on, bring out of the wilderness; make known to, tell, explain, divulge, impart; instruct, teach, indoctrinate, educate, guide; familiarize with, acquaint, interest.
5. give rise to, prompt, instigate, incite, exhort, impel, spur, goad; touch off, inflame, set on fire, ignite; kindle, enkindle, fire or fire up, Inf. light a fire under, Inf. spark, Inf. sparkplug.
6. inhale, breathe in, inbreathe, respire; draw breath, draw in, suck in, gasp; snuff, snuffle, sniff, sniffle, Sl. snort, Brit. Sl. toot.
inspired, adj. animated, enlivened, exhilarated, invigorated; inspirited; afflated, energized, vivified, vitalized; reanimated, revived, revivified, revitalized, rejuvenated; enthused, stimulated, aroused, excited; enkindled, kindled, Inf. sparked, inflamed, fired up; stirred up, aroused, awake, active, quick, bright; elated, exalted, heartened, enheartened.
inspirit, v. enliven, animate, quicken, vivify; excite, arouse, stir, Sl. goose, Sl. give [s.o.] some get-up-and-go; stimulate, embolden, hearten, steel; brighten, sharpen; encourage, cheer, gladden; invigorate, refresh; galvanize, incite, kindle, inflame, fire.
instability, n. 1. impermanence, unsteadiness, unendurability; shakiness, flimsiness, unsubstantiality, ricketiness; sleaziness, unsafeness, unsoundness; weakness, frailty, precariousness, Sl. chanciness, uncertainty; insecurity, vulnerability, susceptibility, defenselessness.
2. vacillation, wobble, wavering; capriciousness, inconsistency, volatility; fluctuation, flightiness, inconstancy, irresolution, indecision, tergiversation.
3. infirmity, decrepitude, feebleness; unreliability, untrustworthiness, undependability; feeble-mindedness, Sl. goofiness, Sl. wackiness.
install, v. 1. put in, place, locate, situate, emplace, station; fix, set, embed, lodge, insert, plant.
2. induct, introduce, initiate; instate, establish, chair, invest, inaugurate; crown, enthrone; bring in, lead in, usher in; frock, Eccles. ordain, consecrate.
installation, n. 1. placement, placing, lodgment, positioning, location, stationing, emplacement, fixation.