mixed, adj. 1. commixed, admixed, intermixed, im-mixed; combined, mingled, intermingled, commingled, blended, homogenized; compounded, alloyed, adulterated; interwoven, intertwined, interlarded, interspersed; amalgamated, united, inosculated, joined, fused, interfused, coalesced, merged, incorporated; massed, agglomerated, conglomerated.
2. assorted, miscellaneous, varied, various, diverse, of different kinds; heterogeneous, motley, diversified, variegated; multifarious, manifold, omnifarious.
3. hybrid, crossbred, interbred, half-and-half, mongrel.
4. mixed up confused, confounded, muddled, mistaken; jumbled, scrambled, messed up, mussed up, disarranged, disordered, disorderly, cluttered; tangled, entangled, snarled.
mixer, n. 1. Informal, socializer, mingler, outgoing person, extrovert, everybody's buddy or friend; hail-fellow, hail-fellow well met, Inf. glad hander, Inf. backslapper; party-goer, life of the party, social butterfly, Sl. party girl.
2. electric beater, electric blender, food processor; rotary beater, eggbeater, whisk.
mixture, n. 1. mixing, commixture, admixture, intermixture, blend, blending; minglement, mingling, intermingling, commingling; intertwining, interweaving, interlarding; composite, compound, compounding, alloy, alloying, adulteration, Chem. levigation, merging, coalescence, uniting; junction, union, fusion, fusing, interfusion, synthesis; combination, amalgamation, assimilation, incorporation.
2. assortment, melange, miscellany, medley, omnium-gatherum, potpourri, olio, olla-podrida, motley; salmagundi, stew, ragout, goulash, hash; conglomeration, mish-mash, hodgepodge, Brit, hotchpotch, pastiche, pasticcio, jumble, farrago, gallimaufry, Chinese menu; collection, batch, group, grouping, cluster, set, series, array.
3. hybrid, cross, crossbreed, mongrel, half-breed, half-blood, half-caste.
mix-up, n. 1. clutter, tangle, jumble, mishmash, hodgepodge, scramble; muddle, mess, Sl. screw-up, Sl. ballup, Inf. foul-up, snafu; disorder, disarrangement, disorganization; complication, Gordian knot, complexity, imbroglio, perplexity, quandary, dilemma; confusion, misunderstanding, predicament, plight; maze, labyrinth, puzzle, poser, jigsaw puzzle, tangled skein, tangled web.
2. Informal, fight, battle, strife; tussle, skirmish, fray, fracas; row, Inf. shindy, rumpus; brawl, mgtee, donnybrook, free-for-all, riot, uproar, Sl. knockdown-drag-out; struggle, scrimmage, roughhouse; confrontation, commotion, breach of peace, troubles.
moan, n. 1. groan, sough, sigh, hum; murmur, whimper, breathing; rumble, ruffle, ripple; susurration, susurrus, whisper, rustle; wail, ululation, keen, -v. 2. groan, wail, sigh; keen, ululate, weep, sob,
cry; yawp, bawl; whine, whimper, mewl, pule, snivel.
3. sough, murmur, breathe, whisper.
4. bewail, lament, bemoan, mourn, sorrow, grieve; deplore, regret, rue.
moaning, n. groaning, sighing, sough; keening, ululating, weeping, chanting, wailing; grieving, sorrowing, mourning; lamentation, plaint, wail of woe; donning sackcloth and ashes, tearing one's hair.
moat, n. ditch, dike, fosse, trench, canal, channel, gully, trough; bulwark, entrenchment, barricade.
mob, n. 1. rabble, rout, surge; horde, Huns, barbarians, Inf. mob scene.