10. unmodified, unaltered; uncut, unadulterated, unmixed, undiluted, unwatered; pure, unmingled, unblended, alloyed, uncombined, unsophisticated.
12. directly, straightly, in a straight line, Inf. down the pipe, Inf.down the alley, Inf.in the groove. See - straightforward (def.
13. square, squarely, flush, right; plumb, plump, Inf smack-dab.
14. frankly, candidly, forthrightly, straightforwardly; plainly, explicitly, unequivocally, undisguisedly, in plain words orEnglish, with no nonsense, all joking aside; outspokenly, freely, boldly, unreservedly, unabashedly, uninhibitedly, with no holds barred, with no punches pulled.
15. honestly, honorably, justly, fairly, equitably, aboveboard; virtuously, righteously, morally; by the book, along the straight and narrow.
16. straight off straightaway. See - straightaway (def
straightaway, adj.1. straight. See - straight (def
2. immediately, Inf.immediately if not sooner, now, right now, right away, at once, this minute orinstant, summarily, forthwith, without delay orfurther delay, without further ado, straightway, Sl. pronto, Sl.
PDQ; promptly, on the spot, right off, right off the bat, straight off, then and there.
straighten, v. 1. adjust, correct, rectify, right, square, set orput straight; unbend, uncurl, unkink, (of hair) conk; unsnarl, untangle, disentangle.
straighten out mend one's ways, turn over a new leaf, reform oneself, take to orfollow the straight and narrow, Inf.go straight.
straighten up order, put orset in order, arrange, tidy ortidy up, neaten, put in trim, police, pick up, clean up, Inf.fix up, Inf.spruce up.
straightforward, adj.1. steady, steadfast, fixed, inflexible; undeviating, unveering, unswerving, unbending, unflinching; keen, intent, unbroken, undistracted; piercing, penetrating, probing, searching.
2. direct, straight, straightaway, linear, lineal, rectilinear, rectilineal; even, true, unbent, unturned, undistorted.
3. candid, frank, forthright, foursquare, straight-from-the-shoulder, man-to-man, heart-to-heart; plain, plain-spoken, plain-speaking, shirt-sleeve, downright, outright, explicit, unequivocal, unambiguous, undisguised, Inf.flat-footed, Inf.matter-of-fact; outspoken, free-spoken, free-speaking, free, unreticent, bold, unreserved, unrestrained, unconstrained, unchecked, unabashed, uninhibited, unshrinking; blunt, bluff, brusque, tactless.
4. open, open and sincere, open-hearted, genuine, transparent; guileless, ingenuous, sincere, artless, naive, simple, undeceptive, undeceitful, undeceiving, undissembling.
5. aboveboard, open and aboveboard, legitimate, Sl. legit, sound, up front, up and up, on the up and up, on the level, no-nonsense; straight, square, fair and square, square-dealing, square-shooting, straight-shooting, shirt-sleeve; honest, trustworthy, Inf.trusty, uncorrupt, uncorrupted, faithful, Inf.O.K.; honorable, reputable, creditable, estimable; right, rightful, lawful, licit.
6. just, fair, impartial, equitable, objective, balanced, even, even-handed, Inf.level; unbiased, nonbiased, unprejudiced, nonprejudiced, nonprejudicial, unprepossessed, unjaundiced, open-minded.