inviolable, adj. 1. inalienable, inviolate, untouchable; sacred, sacrosanct, holy.
2. invulnerable, impregnable, impenetrable, invincible, indomitable, unconquerable; unassailable, unat-tackable, insuperable, insurmountable.
3. incorruptible, uncorrupt, honest, upstanding, righteous, virtuous; faithful, loyal, constant, steadfast, true, true-blue; reliable, dependable, trustworthy, Inf. trusty, tried and true, as good as one's word.
inviolate, adj. 1. invulnerable, impregnable, invincible, indomitable, unconquerable, indestructible, imperishable; unassailable, unattackable, insuperable, insurmountable; inalienable, inviolable, untouchable; sacred, sacrosanct, holy; hallowed, consecrated, blessed, sanctified.
2. undisturbed, unchanged, unaltered; untouched, undamaged, unharmed, unhurt, unviolated, unscathed, unimpaired; unspoiled, unmarred, unstained, unsullied, undefiled, unprofaned.
3. intact, unbroken, whole, entire, complete,
invisibility, n. 1. imperceivability, imperceptibil-
ity, indiscernibility, indistinguishableness, unseeability.
2. imperceptibility, unnoticeability, unapparentness; inappreciableness, impalpableness, imponderableness, intangibleness.
3. concealment, secretion, hiding, covering up, hushing up; subterfuge, deception, smoke screen.
invisible, adj. 1. imperceivable, imperceptible, indiscernible, indistinguishable, unseeable.
2. hidden, concealed, veiled, shrouded, enshrouded, screened, cloaked; disguised, masked, camouflaged; unseen, unnoticed, unobserved, unbeheld, unperceived.
3. imperceptible, unnoticeable, unapparent; inappreciable, impalpable, imponderable, intangible; microscopic, infinitesimal.
4. unrevealed, undisclosed, undivulged, unexposed, covered-up, hushed-up; covert, undercover, Inf. under wraps, secret, top-secret, hush-hush.
invitation, n. 1. request, Inf. invite; application, Law. motion, appeal; imploration, entreaty, plea, prayer, invocation; petition, suit, solicitation, supplication, obtestation, adjuration, Archaic, conjuration.
2. summons, call, challenge, dare, defiance.
3. attraction, draw, pull, magnetism; allurement, enticement, temptation, lure, bait; tantalization, teasing flirtation, coquetry; suggestion, hint, SI. come-on, proposition; overture, proposal, tender, offer, proffer.
invite, v. 1. ask, request, summon, beckon, call or call for, bid; ask for, apply for, look for, seek, call upon, appeal to; beg, Inf. say please or pretty please, implore, beseech, entreat, plead, Brit. Inf. prig, pray, get down on one's knees, crave; petition, solicit, supplicate, obtest, adjure, conjure, Rare, sue, invoke, Archaic. invocate.
2. attract, draw, allure, entice, tempt, lure; tantalize, tease, Inf. dangle [s.t.] in front of [s.o.'s] nose, lead on; flirt with, court, leave the door open to, encourage; promote, foster, instigate, incite, provoke, start; be the cause of, cause, bring on, bring [s.t.] upon oneself, induce, make happen; push, press, ask for, beg for, look for.
inviting, adj. 1. tempting, tantalizing, appetizing, mouth-watering; alluring, enticing, beckoning, beguiling, flirtatious, coquettish; seductive, stimulating, exciting, arousing; sensuous, Inf. sexy, beautiful.
2. attractive, magnetic, appealing, nice, charming, winsome, winning, engaging; fascinating, enchanting, entrancing, bewitching, captivating, enrapturing, ravishing, irresistible.
3. favorable, propitious, promising, bright, good,