1. Apply liquorice (mulathi) paste like a paint around the throat for relief.
2. Eat a plain betel leaf (pan) with liquorice (mulathi) 2-3 times a day.
3. Drink tea boiled with ginger (adrak) and a few tulsi leaves 2-3 times a day.
4. Gargle with warm salt water at least twice a day. However do not make gargling sounds as this may aggravate the soreness.
5. Pound 2-3 cloves (laung), garlic (lasan) and add to a cupful of honey. Keep for 1-2 days. Have one teaspoon thrice a day.
6. Drink lots of water (10-12 glasses) a day since most throat problems are intensified by dehydration.
7. Have the mixture of ½ teaspoon honey and ½ teaspoon lemon juice every 1-2 hours.
8. Add two tablespoon of fenugreek (methi) seeds to 6 cups of water. Heat on low flame/simmer for 15-20 minutes. Cool to bearable temperature. Strain and gargle 2-3 times a day with this.
9. Heat a cup of milk (warm). Add 1-2 pinch of turmeric powder (haldi) mix well and drink at might.