belong to be part of, be an adjunct to, be relevant to, be a concern of; pertain, appertain, relate, fit.
belong in have qualifications for, be suited for, be appropriate for.
belongings, n. 1. effects, personal effects, chattels, possessions, personal possessions, property, properties, Inf. things, SI. stuff, SI. junk; baggage, bag and baggage, gear, impedimenta, dunnage, luggage, kit, duffel; All Law. personalty, choses, choses in possession or action, choses transitory.
2. paraphernalia, accouterments, appurtenances, appointments, appendages, accessories, trappings; goods, movables, movable articles or goods, furniture,
beloved, adj. 1. loved, dearest, dear, precious, treasured, cherished, valued, prized; esteemed, revered, respected, admired, worshiped, idolized.
2. favorite, pet, favored, darling; doted on, pampered, spoiled, cosseted, babied.
-n. 3. lover, inamorato, inamorata, sweetheart, spark, Inf. flame, love, Romeo, Juliet; fiance, fiancee, betrothed, young man, boy friend, young lady, girl friend; paramour, intimate, Fr. intime, friend,
below, adv. 1. under, beneath, underneath, Dial. neath; down, downward or downwards, netherward; low, on the ground; underlying, subjacent, on the bottom; underground, belowground, belowdecks, submerged, downstairs, Chiefly Brit, below stairs.
2. on earth, under the sun, in this world, here below, here; earthbound, earthly, worldly, terrestrial.
3. beneath, under, further down, underneath, lower than, lower down, Dial, neath. -prep. 4. lesser than, smaller than, cheaper than, lower than, inferior to; subordinate to, secondary to, subject to, subservient to.
5. unworthy of, undignified for, unbefitting, unbecoming, not behooving, unbeseeming; unsuitable, inapt, unfit, malapropos, unsuited, inappropriate, unmeet; degrading to, shameful to, discreditable to, unseemly to, indecorous to; distasteful to, unacceptable to, objectionable to, unattractive to.
belt, n. 1. girdle, sash, waistband, cummerbund, cestus, Archaic, zone, Archaic, Poetic, cincture; baldric, cord, cordon, braid, thong, strap, (for a horse) surcingle.
2. band, headband, ribbon, frontlet, fillet; collar, collarband, neckband; hatband, sweatband; wristband, Eccles. maniple; stripe, stripping, streak, streaking, striation; stroke, line, dash, bar; strip, tape, tag, label.
3. zone, zonule, region, tract, area, district, circuit; circle, circlet, round, zodiac; circumference, periphery, perimeter; band, strip, layer, stratum, level.
-v. 4. gird, girdle, begird, bind, truss; wrap, swathe, swaddle, bandage; buckle, strap, tie, pinion, fasten, couple, hook, snap.
5. encircle, encompass, cincture, surround, circumvent, environ, ring.
6. strap, beat, flog, whip, lash, flagellate, scourge, flail, thrash, wallop.
7. Slang, hit, sock, punch, Inf. slug, strike, smack. See - beat (def. 1).
bemire, v. 1. muddy, spatter, bespatter, draggle, drabble, Archaic, daggle; smudge, smutch, smirch, bedaub; smear, slime, blur, tar, grease; spot, blotch, stain, taint, sully, maculate, defile, befoul; soil, dirty, muck, blacken, tarnish.
2. mire, swamp, bog, bury; plunge, sink, immerse, submerge, engulf,
bemoan, v. 1. lament, mourn, grieve, sorrow, bewail, Scot. and North Eng. greet, express woe or