clink1, v. 1. ring, ting, chink, ding. See - cling2 (def1). -n. 2. ringing, tinging, chinking, ding, ding-dong. See - cling2 (def.
clink2, n. Slang,
jail, prison, lockup. See - jail. clip1, v. 1. cut off, bob, crop, snip, nip; shear, shave, fleece; trim, pare, prune; shorten, truncate, stunt, check the growth of, pollard.
2. curtail, cut short, reduce, diminish, retrench; shorten, abridge, condense, epitomize, abstract; boil down; cramp, constrict, contract, compress.
3. cut out articles, make clippings, extract, excerpt, quote, cite, cull, glean.
hit, punch, strike, swat, smack. See - smack.
5. move swiftly, go rapidly, race, run, speed.
overcharge, cheat, swindle, rook, bilk. See - cheat. -n. 7. clipping, cutting, snipping, bobbing; shearing, fleecing, shaving; cropping, trimming, paring, pruning; stunting, checking, docking, curtailment, retrenchment, truncation; abstraction, reduction, compression, abbreviation, condensation, epitome, contraction, abridgment.
8. piece, snip, snippet, snatch, chip, clip, shaving, sliver, slice, Brit. Dial,
collop, paring, cut, cutting; shred, gleaning, scrap, sample, remnant, fragment.
hit, blow, crack, punch, swat, smack. See - smack.
pace, rate, speed.
clip2, n.1. metal clasp, hasp, fastener, hook, buckle, coupler, copula, vise; grip, gripper, snap; clinch, nail. -v. 2. fasten together, clamp, hasp, clinch, hold, hook, buckle, couple, grip, vise, press.
3. encircle, encompass, surround, enclose, enfold, circumscribe, envelop,
clipper, n.1. speeder, Inf.speedster, flier, Inf.speed demon, racer; fast-sailing vessel, corsair, frigate; sleigh, sled, bobsled, toboggan.
clippers shears, pruning tools, cutters, scissors; hair trimmer, razor,
clipping, n.1. excerpt, quotation, citation, literary gleaning, selection, abstract, cutting.
2. snip, piece, snippet, snatch, chip, lock of hair; remnant, fragment, scrap, sample, shred; shaving, sliver, slice, Brit. Dial,
collop, paring, cut, cutting,
clique, n.set, coterie, in crowd, crowd, clan, circle, knot; band, ring, gang, troop, team, group, community; fraternity, sorority, brotherhood, sodality, society, club, lodge, organization; sect, faction, order, party, camorra.
cloak, n.1. cape, mantle, capote, robe, dolman, domino, aba, pelisse, pelerine, cope, burnoose, mantelet, Rom. Cath. Ch.
mantelletta, (in Spain and Spanish America)
manta, Obs.manteau; poncho, shawl, wrap, palatot, coat, overcoat, jacket, sweater; tunic, tabard, toga, gown, smock, blouse, frock, sacque, sack dress.
2. cover, screen, blind, mask, veil, shroud; disguise, incognito, camouflage, masquerade, misrepresentation; pretext, semblance, front, subterfuge, evasion. -v. 3. hide, conceal, ensconce, cover up, mask, veil, shroud, robe; obscure, obfuscate, adumbrate, cloud, becloud, befog, haze,
clock, n.1. horologe, watch, timekeeper, timer, timepiece, dial; chronometer, chronoscope, chronograph; speedometer, taximeter; time clock.
around the clock all day and night, without a break, nonstop; ceaselessly, perpetually, constantly, continuously, endlessly, incessantly.
-v. 3. time, mark the time, keep time, measure