Precautions while using CNG
General Safety Precautions
1. Follow all maintenance procedures in order;
do not skip steps unless so noted.
2. Never use an open flame as a source of
illumination in proximity to a CNG system.
3. Any process or procedure that generates
sparks, flames or heated particles should not be
practiced in areas designated for CNG.
4. If a CNG system requires a process or
procedure that generates sparks, flames or
significant heat, conduct the procedure in an
isolated area and make sure the CNG system
has been completely purged with an inert gas.
5. CNG fuel systems are to be serviced in
designated areas that comply with all federal,
state and municipal laws and regulations.
6. CNG servicing and fueling areas must be well
7. Perform all maintenance and service
procedures in a dust free environment.
8. Never attempt to depressurize or vent a
system by loosening a fitting.